Company: G6 Hospitality
The Accounts Payable Supervisor under the supervision of the AP Director oversees the Accounts Payable staff and is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of invoices and payments through planning, organizing and controlling the process flow of the daily work. Oversees the processing protocol and insures appropriate and proper approval for all invoices following company policy and accounting guidelines. In addition, the Accounts Payable Supervisor will actively seek out process improvement initiatives and offer solutions to management. The Accounts Payable Supervisor will assist in handling staffing, training, and development of direct report staff. Actively participates in the month-end closing process. Partners with internal departments and field locations to resolve issues.
About G6 Hospitality
Whether you’re working at our headquarters in Carrollton or at one of our Motel 6 or Studio 6 locations, you have the unique opportunity to connect and leave a positive impact on those who visit us every day, in a real and meaningful way.
As an iconic brand in economy lodging, we live to serve both our guest and our team members, equally. We seek out those who have a Heart for Service and a desire to grow with our organization. We provide our team members competitive benefits, in addition to leadership coaching and development opportunities through robust training and forums. Plus, with our Operation Next Step program we are committed to honoring and supporting our veterans and military spouses by creating opportunities to take that next step in their career with us.
At G6, we work hard but we make sure to show our appreciation for our team members’ contributions during our CEO Awards, Team Member Appreciation Month, Veterans Day events, in addition to providing incentives for our frontline team members.
If you have a service attitude, a desire to transform your career and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we look forward to having you join our team!
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it is not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Supervise staff of analyst/payable specialists along with overall responsibility for vendor accounts
– Elevate visibility of vendors with significantly increased exposure and/or risk through management reporting and utilization of daily statistical reporting and exception process
– Research complex vendor accounts which will require working with the location and/or corporate staff, vendor and systems to obtain all relevant information.
– Review financial reports to understand the impact of different types of transactions on financial results
– Insure vendor statements are reconciled at least once per quarter
– Insure the open PO report, Hold report and other AP data reports are reviewed and all data is current
– Maintain vendor communication for major or risk accounts
– Compile data for month end reports and reconciliations and distribute.
– Implement best practices and process improvements where appropriate
– High level responsibility of teams vendor accounts and direct responsibility of vendor accounts that make up high dollar/risk vendors
– Responsible for writing and conducting verbal and written counseling’s for direct reports along with training and mentoring
– Lead and follow through to completion any assigned special projects
– All other duties as needed or required
• Job Requirements:
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other Team Members
– Communicate effectively with customers, vendors, superiors and peers
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
– If applicable, ability to travel for meetings with customers, vendors, other Team Members, and/or other business necessities
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Accounting degree preferred but not required; basic to intermediate accounting knowledge
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a full cycle Accounts Payable ERP environment; Oracle ERP (AP/GL modules) skills preferred
• Ability to multi-task, think independently and work with minimal supervision
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and other productivity software tools
• Excellent research and analytical capabilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and comfort working with a senior management team
• Solid negotiation and leadership skills
• Ability to manage special projects as needed and must be adaptable to a changing environment
• Ability to identify areas of improvement and mentor team
To apply, please click on the application link, or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org