Company: G6 Hospitality
This position will report to the Credit and Collections Manager. Responsibilities include financial analysis of past due accounts, monitor and project accounts producing the largest impact to bad debt Must be able to analyze business to business collections data and produce accurate and timely reporting for all levels of the organization. Develops, interprets, and implements complex financial and accounting concepts or techniques for planning and control of customer accounts. Recommend corrective action to meet Credit and Collection’s targets and operating needs. Provide guidance and support to the Credit and Collections team to enhance protocols and procedures.
About G6 Hospitality
Whether you’re working at our headquarters in Carrollton or at one of our Motel 6 or Studio 6 locations, you have the unique opportunity to connect and leave a positive impact on those who visit us every day, in a real and meaningful way.
As an iconic brand in economy lodging, we live to serve both our guest and our team members, equally. We seek out those who have a Heart for Service and a desire to grow with our organization. We provide our team members competitive benefits, in addition to leadership coaching and development opportunities through robust training and forums. Plus, with our Operation Next Step program we are committed to honoring and supporting our veterans and military spouses by creating opportunities to take that next step in their career with us.
At G6, we work hard but we make sure to show our appreciation for our team members’ contributions during our CEO Awards, Team Member Appreciation Month, Veterans Day events, in addition to providing incentives for our frontline team members.
If you have a service attitude, a desire to transform your career and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we look forward to having you join our team!
The individual occupying this position must be able to perform essential job functions set forth below with or without reasonable accommodation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
This document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the individual occupying this position. This is a representative list of the general duties, and it not intended to be all-inclusive.
– Elevate visibility of customers with significantly increased financial exposure and/or risk through management reporting and utilization of credit dashboard and exception process
– Research complex accounts which will require working with the location and/or corporate staff, customer, and systems to obtain all relevant information
– Review financial reports to understand the impacts that customer accounts have to the bad debt expense
– Compile data for month end reports and reconciliations and distribute to management
– Implement best practices and process improvements for collections where appropriate
– Co-manages, coordinates, and performs analysis on Accounts receivable balances to determine financial impact.
– Prepare financial analysis used by the department heads, senior management, and business managers
– Analyze individual business unit trends to ensure anomalies are identified and rectified quickly to help business unit leadership better manage their business.
– Collaborate with Operations in developing metrics and Key Performance Indicators KPIs).
– Create modeling scenarios in Excel from scratch to show trends, patterns and findings related to customer’s AR Balances.
– Establishes databases of pertinent information for use in analyzing future plans and forecasts
– Understand accounting requirements to calculate bad debt projections and reserve calculations
– Perform month-end closing activities that consist of preparing journal entries, reconciliations analysis, etc., and include appropriate and timely support for corporate and business unit closing schedules.
– Understands balance sheets and income statements and how the bad debt journal entries impact them
– Maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
– Read and interpret documents and instructions from Management
– Knowledge and understanding of financial statements
– Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
– Work collaboratively with team members within the department and across the organization
– Multi-task and prioritize workload
– Work within the appropriate level of independence
– Function in a fast-paced environment
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a commercial B2B financial evaluation, accounts receivable and collections environment preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of Oracle A/R or similar Collections experience
Ability to multi-task
Self- motivated and proactive
Expert level Excel (v-look ups, pivot tables, macros), BI Analytics or similar systems for analyzing large volumes of data
One to two years of experience in data modeling
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other productivity software tools
Excellent research and analytical capabilities
Handle multiple projects and assignments in addition to daily activity
Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills and comfort working with a senior management team
Solid negotiation and leadership skills with a positive approach to conflict resolution
Must be adaptable to a changing environment
To apply, please click on the application link, or send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org